I have been wondering if I would make a guide for quite a while, and here I am, hehe. Hope it helps everyone!
1. All-around questions about the class.
a. Hopes about warrior class:
The warrior class is a really hard one to start with because of the low damage, but it's incredible awesome at higher levels. The highest defense, absorb and health among all classes. You will be able to walk in tons of mobs or chars in a war and still be alive, hehe. There's a need to use more or less funds to build up the gears depending on the build you are going for, but still is the most expensive class to build up. Tho no class is the best, I have to say it's the second strongest in a loose term, as priests are though as hell too, hehe.
Keep in mind that hard work and experience are more important than resources (mallers) or cheaters(forbidden), I've been a warrior since the first day of closed alpha 1 in 2008, and I love it!
If you have real money to spend in this game, go ahead and spend it wisely, because you can be the best player ever if you are smart, hehe. IGG games are all like that, the most money you spend, the better you are in no time!
b. Warrior's Job ingame:
The most important job of a warrior in this game is to be the tank, of course, due to its high defensive stats. You will have to aggro mobs, protect your comrades in wars and mainly survive, survive until the end. Dealing melee damage and not being killed fast, being able to hit hard and recover itself fast enough with pots or just with your HP restoration.
You will be ask to use constantly skills to damage and debuff mobs/chars, hehe. Job is a job, ah? =]
c. Stats? What stats?
What about stats, bro!? That's an easy task: DEFENSE!! Go for it, go for it. Focus in 3 special things which are your attack( the faster you kill, the faster you get exp/tp/rep), physical defense, magical defense and absorb are a must-have in my opinion, tho most of the players don't like absorb because 1 abs negates 1 damage, BUT all defensive stats count...see, easy task. Keep in mind that warriors have the highest Health Points in the entire game, so It would be very helpful to focus on that after the defensive stats I mentioned before.
Let's focus about stats in the build discriptions.
P.S.: Warrior needs hit in all the gears because of the low bonus from talent.
d. Builds or just a build?
Ah well, the majority players will say "This is better", "No, that's better!", but in the end what it counts is YOUR opinion, YOUR game style, YOUR goals to be the best in the game while having fun.
Do you like full tank build for instances(dungeons)? Do you like PVP? Do you like PVM(wars)? Or just enjoy a balanced character? You will understand how they work better in the section "8. General Builds" as I will mention all the possible build tried out so far not only for me, but for friends and known players.
2. Power Level.
Hummm, the part that slacks attention in most guides, but just because people tend to forget, hehe.
I could tell you all the things I did so far to level up when I was playing like crazy or now that I'm cooling off and enjoying the game with no stress. By the way, Experience can be used for Holy Suit Points in your gears and Talent Points for the zodiac slots, I will explain them later in the guide. So...Exp/TPs are important as hell! x)
P.S.: You will get exp/tps from almost anything in the game, from quests to events. Check the main website for more information:www.gwo.igg.com/main.php
(Picture posted by MeteorShower - old player and guildie)
a. Experience/Talent Points Tips and Hints:
Everyone starts a game wondering where to level, what events to do to get experience faster and instances(dungeons) to earn it. A list with the things you can do for exp:
- Daily Quests everyday at 8:25am game time will reset, so remember to do them earlier, hehe. You can find the available list of quests in your Quest Window( Press "Q"), by clicking the Tab
"Search". Those quests give a lot of experience, some give gems and silver, most of them give talent point as well.
- Main quests, those are important because some of them give really nice rewards like silver, gems and more. They are like missions for a story line of Ancient Greece. You can find them in your Quest Window( Press "Q"), by clicking the Tab "Search".
- Repeated Quests are quests you can do on and on anytime you want, might seem not much, but they are fast and if you have time to do them, in the end you will get a nice amount of exp/tps daily.
- Magic Scrolls, hummm....if you are online for 4 hours, you can get one daily from the "Online Award Admin" NPC in the main city (Athens or Sparta) OR you can buy them from Item Mall with gold. AND sometimes through "Festival Envoy" NPC when there is a festival like Easter, Chinese New's Year, etc...
- Polis Quests are rare, but daily and limited to a certain level. Still useful if you have enough time.
- Guild Quest is available if you are in a guild, oblivious. It gives exp, tps, guild gold/fund and contribution. Guild gold and fund are used to upgrade your guild buildings - LINK about it:
http://forum.gw.igg.com/viewthread.php?tid=3924&extra=page%3D1 (Made by my friend and retired player Simma)
- War Material Deliver Quest available if you are in a guild as well.
- AFK of course. How to set up: http://gw.igg.com/guide/guide.php?acid=155
- Events in general: access http://www.gw.igg.com/main.php , left bar "Game Events".
- Wishing Pool: http://gw.igg.com/guide/guide.php?acid=180
- Training Ground(Instance) available through Event Transporter NPC. Kill all the mobs and get full exp reward.
- Faction Crier NPC gives you one nameplate per day, except on sunday. Get it then give it back to him for free exp, or exp/tp for b-gold or gold.
- Zeus Event is an event that you need to deliver a specific item asked by the NPC and each gift gives exp and praying stone, max of 10 from monday to friday and max of 12 on saturday/sunday. Give the praying stones to the NPC beside Zeus and it gives tps. LINK: http://forum.gw.igg.com/viewthread.php?tid=8785&extra=page%3D1 (Made by ZelosDan).
- Hera Labyrinth is a daily quest that gives exp, tp, zodiac energy. Go inside through Event Transporter NPC with the Feud Quest("Entering Cyclades"), redeem to a NPC in the first map, then go left to Zeus Envoy 1, then portal 7, portal 5, portal 9, portal 3, Zeus Envoy 2, portal 7, portal 5, Zeus Envoy 3, portal 1, portal 7, Zeus Envoy 4, Portal 5, portal 9, portal 3, portal 6, portal 2, portal 9, Zeus Envoy 5 and done!
- Pan's Labyrinth available on weekends: [url=http://gw.igg.com/guide/guide.php?acid=164 ]http://gw.igg.com/guide/guide.php?acid=164 [/url]
- Sicily Event ("Keep it Clean" Quest) for talent points. You need sicilian spell item to enter in the event through Event Transporter NPC, except on friday because you can go there 5 times from 22:00h to 24:00h. You need one sicilian spell for each time you enter in the Event (Max of 5 times per day) AND remember to take the quest before going in or you will the item...Inside the Map Event you can buy with gold special quest scrolls that you can do as many times as you want.
- BUFFS! Guild buffs, pot buffs, weekend buffs(available through Festival Envoy NPC every saturday and sunday). Use them if you have the chance.
TIP: Remember to afk in mobs not lower than 19 levels diferent than yours. Praise for mobs that you can 1-2 hit for a faster exp/tp grind. They'll usually hit you -1 anyway...Warrior Rules! *-*
[ Last edited by totoes at 1-13-2014 10:56 ]